THE CURMUDGEONLY INVENTOR

Saturday 18 April 2020

SUITABLE?

On my shopping expeditions I've seen some really bizarre get-ups that people are wearing to protect them selves from COVID-19.

Some of them have been worn by me!










This has got me to thinking that a universal, cheap  and easy to wear bio-hazard suit is in order.

In the past I've come up with ideas like the universal overalls which are boiler suits decorated for specific occasions like: black tie; office work; school; the beach; church etc. Now, while I freely admit that these didn't go over well with people I proposed the idea to, the current pandemic crisis might break down some of the resistance.

I'm thinking of adapting an old design that proved to be fairly effective a couple of centuries ago. Of course I propose using lighter and more durable materials (other more technical people will have to come up with the designs and formulations for these).

The general look is this:



This is still in the early research area as the current design requires having an assistant pimping air to the suit which could prove a problem in supermarkets, pharmacies, in cars and on public transport but hey, I'm just the ideas guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment