THE CURMUDGEONLY INVENTOR

Friday 5 July 2019

"SO IT GOES"



"That's just silly. But I had a good idea today!"

So said Robert, an occasional blog contributor just before he and his blog disappeared again.
It reminded me of a scene in Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5 when a POW, a tramp says to other prisoners when being transported in freight-cars in freezing conditions in WW2 - "This ain't cold. I've had colder than this" (or something similar). In the morning he was dead.

Anyway I had a good idea today. As The Old Girl is coming up for the weekend I've been busy cleaning the house. I used different cleaning agents for the floors, the toilets, the showers, the bath and other surfaces. After that when taking a shower I used soap for my body and shampoo and conditioner for what's left of my hair. These were all in different containers. I haven't manufactured a prototype of the non-slip soap gloves yet so of course the soap slipped and fell to the shower floor.
As I was soaping up I thought about all of the other containers of cleaning materials and wondered why we can't just have one that suits all.

EUREKA!



My idea is to have one container of 'magic' liquid* that can be used to clean people, floors, surfaces, bathrooms, toilets - everything that needs cleaning. The magic liquid (soon to be patented) will be configured to 'know' what its purpose is when in contact with the surface or item to be cleaned**


In the past, when staying in hotels I've often just emptied all of those little containers (body soap, shampoo, conditioner, bath suds etc) into a bath of hot water as I believe that they all get re-filled from the one container somewhere in the hotel basement.

I think I'm on a winner here.









* I'm the ideas guy. I'll have to contract out the liquid creation to some scientific guys.


** See above.

4 comments: