THE CURMUDGEONLY INVENTOR

Wednesday 9 October 2019

THICKER SKIN

I somehow cut my big toe today. I'm not sure how but I was outside doing some gardening and when I came inside I saw that the toe was bleeding. I hadn't noticed doing it. Bugger!

What humans need is tougher skin.
Sure we've all heard that expression 'thick-skinned as in:

The definition of thick skinned is someone who is not easily upset or insulted and who can take criticism well. An example of thick skinned is a person who is insulted and simply says "whatever, I don't care."
But I'm talking of literal thick-skin not metaphorical thick-skin.

I propose coming up with a skin cream that does the opposite of all of those hellishly expensive skin softening creams that women use.


Have you ever had a callus on your toe or thumb? Musicians get these a lot especially the silly buggers who play stringed instruments. I guess if they played their instruments with their feet as well as their hands they wouldn't have a problem with cut toes.

My idea is to invent* and market a cream that roughens up the skin on hands, feet, knees, elbows, top-of-the-head for old bald bastards, shins and any other parts that are prone to getting cut or grazed when outdoors gardening of playing sport.

I think I'm on a winner here and am accepting start-up funding from interested investors. Are you in?








* I'm the ideas guy. I'll have to contract out the cream creation to some scientific guys.



3 comments:

  1. I hope you're not expecting a record amount of comments for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody already invented gumboots and leather gardening gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes but you have to put those cumbersome items on. I'm looking for a more flexible solution.
    You failed in your solution application.

    ReplyDelete